|Price per person:|| $179|
|Length of class:||three hours|
|Version covered:||for Office 365|
A dashboard is a way to visually present data in summary form. Chart-rich reports visually compare patterns of performance among many charts, making it easier to remember performance results. In this three-hour session, problems will be introduced to help you build your dashboard reporting and troubleshooting skills. The last thirty minutes of the class will be spent addressing specific questions relating to your Excel work, so bring your own file to work on.
This class is ideally suited for people who have taken the Beginning and Intermediate Excel classes or have at least three years of experience using Excel.
What To Know Before Designing
Printable Course Description
- understand your requirements
- import and clean your data
- workbook setup
Building a Dashboard
- determine which charts best represent your data
- filter the data and copy subset data to a separate tab
- use Advanced Filter as another means to copy data to a separate tab
- build your charts on the dashboard tab
- incorporate GetPivotData function to build a table
- dashboard design elements to enhance charts and tables
Dashboard Design Principles
- important data
- quadrant priority
- logo placement
- show hierarchy
- provide context
- group related metrics
- consistent formatting
- effective use of white space
- data in foreground, format in background
- chart and table titles
- round numbers
Finalize Dashboard Design
- hide columns and rows
- turn off display of row numbers
- turn off display of column letters
- hide supporting sheets
Quotes from our Excel students
- "I did a ton of research and comparison before I enrolled to take my classes with you, by far you're the best in Long Beach and the South Bay.
In my professional life I have encountered a number of corporate trainers, management, business owners, and entrepreneurs, you and your staff really do represent what training and education should be. Everyone is welcoming and knowledgeable, along with kind and understanding. Those attributes are something that really needs to be out there, so that other consumers can make the right choice for education and come to you first."
- Melissa H.
- "I truly enjoyed your training and feel your classes are amazing and informative. The time and patience you take to teach your students is exemplary. I've been to a few trainings in my 38 years of service to the county and found you are the best I've attended."
- Sandy Contreras Rodriguez, LA County Hall of Records
- "I wanted to write back to say thank you and Sue for providing a great training day on 10/15. I think that, for the fact that I took two classes in a row but some of the information was a 'refresher' for my memory, the info was just enough for my brain. Though I know there were so few of us students that day, even if the classroom were full, I would still appreciate knowing that it's small enough so that everyone gets enough attention. And I could see that Sue was very attentive toward us and truly wanted to make sure we were understanding the lessons. I encouraged my colleagues to sign up with Accelerate should any of them want or require offsite computer training."
- Kimberly D., American Honda Motor Company
- "I wanted to thank you for your terrific work with our team last week.
Our attendees are universal in their praise for Accelerate, the Excel classes, and your personal work as trainer with our team. The material covered and class tempo satisfied all in attendance. Even the more advanced of our participants experienced “aha!” moments during your class. All attendees have expressed that they expect these classes will have a direct, positive impact on their day-to-day performance. We will look forward to working with you again soon!"
- Tim Nekuza, Dental Health Services
- "Use Sue Smith as an instructor always. She is great and has a great method of teaching, the best personality, an amazingly knowledgeable instructor. My best class ever from any class taken."
- Accelerate student
- "It has been a few months since my class and I am still applying the information that I learned to everyday work. Tim Jones is a wonderful instructor who makes learning enjoyable."
- Accelerate student
- "Tim is a very good tutor. Extremely easy to understand and moves the class at a steady pace. I came to this class feeling I had very little knowledge of Excel, but am learning. I learned much more than I thought I would. I now feel more confident with Excel. I look forward to taking the Advanced Excel class if Tim is the instructor."
- Accelerate student
- "The Intermediate Excel seminar put on by Accelerate Computer Training was one of the best seminars I have attended. The instructor, Carol, was an expert in her field and was able to cover the material in a way that was easy to understand. I learned so much during the course that I will use constantly in my position at Broadcom. Thank you so much for putting together a great training! I will definitely recommend ACT to all of my peers!"
- Jordan G., Broadcom Corp.