There are no dates currently on the schedule for this course.
|Price per person:||$149|
|Length of class:||three hours|
|Version covered:||2019 for Windows|
This three-hour session teaches you how to write formulas in Excel. You will perform calculations using functions like SUM, AVERAGE, PMT and PV, write arithmetic formulas by hand, perform calculations on dates, and parse text strings with the LEFT, MID, RIGHT and SEARCH functions. You will also learn when and why to use absolute referencing (like $A$4) when duplicating formulas.
This class is ideally suited for people with basic Excel skills, either from taking our Excel Beginning 1 and 2 classes or using Excel regularly for three months or more.
Using Simple Functions
- writing formulas to sum or average values
- writing simple arithmetic formulas
- PMT and PV financial calculations
- LEFT, MID and RIGHT to extract text
Math with Dates
- understand how dates are stored
- calculate future dates
- calculate difference between two dates
- using date functions like EDATE and EOMONTH
- duplicate formulas into neighboring cells
- understand relative vs. absolute referencing
- changing referencing style
- create and use named ranges in formulas