|Price per person:|| $119|
|Length of class:||three hours|
|Version covered:||for Office 365|
This three-hour session for Windows and Mac users introduces you to the fundamental skills of effective word processing using Microsoft Word. You will become familiar with the Ribbon-based interface, create new documents, add and edit text, cut-and-paste, save and open documents, apply typeface and other font formatting and preview the final document before printing.
This class is designed for people who are very new to computers or to Microsoft Word. Typing skills are helpful, but not required.
Getting Around in Word
Printable Course Description
- learning the new Ribbon-based interface
- using the new Backstage view
- zooming in and out
- switching between views
- showing and hiding non-printing characters
Typing and Editing Text
- working with text
- saving a document
- creating a new document
- opening an existing document
- keyboard shortcuts for moving around within text
- selecting text efficiently
- deleting and replacing text
- using cut-and-paste and drag-and-drop
- applying different fonts
- changing font size, style and color
Preparing to Print a Document
- select paper size and orientation
- set document margins
- previewing a document before printing
- setting print options
Quotes from our Word students
- "I truly enjoyed your training and feel your classes are amazing and informative. The time and patience you take to teach your students is exemplary. I've been to a few trainings in my 38 years of service to the county and found you are the best I've attended."
- Sandy Contreras Rodriguez, LA County Hall of Records
- "Tim is an excellent instructor and I learned so much from him during my session. I wish I had that course in high school and definitely before writing my 6 chapter, 100+ page dissertation. Oh well, I know it now. Definitely the best course I have ever taken."
- Tepring Piquado, PhD, Neuroscientist
- "I came to you after having failed the tech test at a job interview, a job I really wanted and needed. The head of the company said he would be willing to re-test me in September, when they would actually be looking to hire someone.
I then found your website and after just one lesson with you, it was as if the clouds had parted! I knew I had found the person who could help me accomplish my goals. I went on to take several more classes at Accelerate and I GOT THE JOB!! I start on Monday, and I know it wouldn't have happened without your instruction, Tim. You were so good and patient, you really give it your all - and your all is awesome!"
- "Superb class. Tim did a wonderful job in explaining each procedure slowly and distinctly. He also reinforced the learning each step of the way by careful review."
- Accelerate student
- "Tim explained everything well. Excellent instructor, patient with questions and thorough in going over everything enough times even for the least experienced user."
- Accelerate student