|Price per person:|| $195|
|Length of class:||three hours|
|Version covered:||for Office 365|
In this three-hour session for Windows and Mac users, you will learn to write complex formulas using Excel's built-in functions and array formulas. You will expand your library of functions to include financial, text parsing, logical, lookup and database functions. You will also learn to write array formulas, which are capable of performing multiple calculations in a single result. Finally, you will gain essential formula auditing and troubleshooting skills.
This class is ideally suited for those who have attended the Excel Beginning 2: Simple Formulas class or who are already comfortable creating basic formulas like SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, LEFT, MID, RIGHT and PMT.
Advanced Formulas using Functions
Printable Course Description
- IF to construct conditional logic
- nesting functions inside functions
- VALUE to convert strings to values
- SEARCH to aid in parsing text strings
- VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP to retrieve values from a table
- INDEX and MATCH for more dynamic lookups
- creating in-cell drop-down menus
- DSUM to sum table data filtered by criteria
- understand array formulas
- write array formulas that perform multiple calculations to generate a single result
- write array formulas that calculate multiple results
Troubleshooting Advanced Formulas
- editing formulas
- auditing your formulas
- tracing precedents and dependents
- inserting comments
- using the Watch window
Quotes from our Excel students
- "I just received a message from an attendee saying it was the most informative class he'd ever taken. You and your team are really great. Thank you so much for sharing your deep knowledge of Excel with us in such an accessible way! We will definitely want to have you (or any of your staff) back again."
- Jocelyn, Caltech Library
- "I did a ton of research and comparison before I enrolled to take my classes with you, by far you're the best in Long Beach and the South Bay.
In my professional life I have encountered a number of corporate trainers, management, business owners, and entrepreneurs, you and your staff really do represent what training and education should be. Everyone is welcoming and knowledgeable, along with kind and understanding. Those attributes are something that really needs to be out there, so that other consumers can make the right choice for education and come to you first."
- Melissa H.
- "I truly enjoyed your training and feel your classes are amazing and informative. The time and patience you take to teach your students is exemplary. I've been to a few trainings in my 38 years of service to the county and found you are the best I've attended."
- Sandy Contreras Rodriguez, LA County Hall of Records
- "I wanted to write back to say thank you and Sue for providing a great training day on 10/15. I think that, for the fact that I took two classes in a row but some of the information was a 'refresher' for my memory, the info was just enough for my brain. Though I know there were so few of us students that day, even if the classroom were full, I would still appreciate knowing that it's small enough so that everyone gets enough attention. And I could see that Sue was very attentive toward us and truly wanted to make sure we were understanding the lessons. I encouraged my colleagues to sign up with Accelerate should any of them want or require offsite computer training."
- Kimberly D., American Honda Motor Company
- "I wanted to thank you for your terrific work with our team last week.
Our attendees are universal in their praise for Accelerate, the Excel classes, and your personal work as trainer with our team. The material covered and class tempo satisfied all in attendance. Even the more advanced of our participants experienced “aha!” moments during your class. All attendees have expressed that they expect these classes will have a direct, positive impact on their day-to-day performance. We will look forward to working with you again soon!"
- Tim Nekuza, Dental Health Services
- "Use Sue Smith as an instructor always. She is great and has a great method of teaching, the best personality, an amazingly knowledgeable instructor. My best class ever from any class taken."
- Accelerate student
- "It has been a few months since my class and I am still applying the information that I learned to everyday work. Tim Jones is a wonderful instructor who makes learning enjoyable."
- Accelerate student
- "Tim is a very good tutor. Extremely easy to understand and moves the class at a steady pace. I came to this class feeling I had very little knowledge of Excel, but am learning. I learned much more than I thought I would. I now feel more confident with Excel. I look forward to taking the Advanced Excel class if Tim is the instructor."
- Accelerate student
- "The Intermediate Excel seminar put on by Accelerate Computer Training was one of the best seminars I have attended. The instructor, Carol, was an expert in her field and was able to cover the material in a way that was easy to understand. I learned so much during the course that I will use constantly in my position at Broadcom. Thank you so much for putting together a great training! I will definitely recommend ACT to all of my peers!"
- Jordan G., Broadcom Corp.