There are no dates currently on the schedule for this course.
|Price per person:||$195|
|Length of class:||three hours|
|Version covered:||2019 for Windows|
In this three-hour session, you will learn to write complex formulas using Excel's built-in functions and array formulas. You will expand your library of functions to include financial, text parsing, logical, lookup and database functions. You will also learn to write array formulas, which are capable of performing multiple calculations in a single result. Finally, you will gain essential formula auditing and troubleshooting skills.
This class is ideally suited for those who have attended the Excel Beginning 2: Simple Formulas class or who are already comfortable creating basic formulas like SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, LEFT, MID, RIGHT and PMT.
Advanced Formulas using Functions
- IF to construct conditional logic
- nesting functions inside functions
- VALUE to convert strings to values
- SEARCH to aid in parsing text strings
- VLOOKUP to retrieve values from a table
- INDEX and MATCH for more dynamic lookups
- creating in-cell drop-down menus
- DSUM to sum table data filtered by criteria
- understand array formulas
- write array formulas that perform multiple calculations to generate a single result
- write array formulas that calculate multiple results
Troubleshooting Advanced Formulas
- editing formulas
- auditing your formulas
- tracing precedents and dependents
- inserting comments
- using the Watch window